We, the entrepreneurial Team of snehalaya opened in the year 1987 the gates to against the red-Light District.
What would we do if our own Sisters, Mothers or Grandmothers would have to endure this suffering, what these women
have to endure on a daily basis?
We turned the question of how we these women and children can help.
Since then, we have worked hard, dreamed and fought and finally managed to get us in the creation of Snehalaya.
In the year 1989 we have Snehalaya as Ngo in Ahmednagar (Maharashtra) in India.
Snehalaya is currently working in all 14 Districts of Ahmednagar and the Neighbouring Districts Nashik, Pune and Solapur
We believe that the basic and the most important principle of social work is voluntary work and support this
We also avoid political, religious or idealistic fundamentalism.
Currently working for Sehalaya 186 Full-time workers, countless volunteers and sponsors. They support so that:
1. 350 children and 48 women in the residential and commercial projects,
2. 1600 children in slum based balbhawans
3. Over 2550 women in prostitution in Ahmednagar District
4. 3000 HIV-positive Patients
Snehalaya is a glimmer of hope for the exploited and neglected social of our society.
The focus is mainly on it, real and positive change.
The vision of snehalaya it is, the consciousness and the ability in those members of the society that their rights
by inequality and exploitation were robbed.
Since the foundation are snehalaya-helpers from different areas, from all castes and religion.
She inspired to humanitarian projects and have simultaneously from political, religious or ideological fundamentalism.
Even today, is the dedicated Team of volunteers, the backbone of the mission of Snehalaya.
Vision: To develop awareness and capability in those members of the
society who have been deprived of their rights because of the
inequality in the society
Unity is Strength
Most of the non-governmental organisations (Ngos) are anti-social currents with resistance by human traffickers,
politicians, organised criminal gangs, etc. .
In order to work on the other hand, tried Snehalaya in the year 2004 therefore, collaborations with other like-minded Ngos
to initiate and to this end, formed the swayansevi sans thane cha maha sangh.
This cooperation is used together to achieve greater success.
Snehalaya is also one of the founders and active members of the network against commercial sexual exploitation and human trafficking (Nacset)
Snehalaya extends its work for the Ngos through the deepening of the following topics:
the remedy Snehalaya sought, in the year 2004 therefore, cooperations with other like-minded Ngos to initiate and to this end,
formed the swayansevi sans thane cha maha sangh
°"the right to food"
°"right to information"
°"right to refuge"
1. Snehalaya was instrumental involved, a end of atrocities in all areas of the red light ahmednagar to reach.
Especially for brothel owners, the police, moneylenders and thugs.
2. Continuous awareness, as well as legal disputes, have the use of minors in the trafficking of human beings extremely reduced.
3. The deer abi Latino-Centre of Snehalaya offers protection.
It's a home with high-quality education and medical care for more than 400 children.
4. Snehalaya has successfully for more than 100 children in good families through legal adoption.
5. Snehalaya's work has the STI-infection of about 60 % to less than 2 % of prostitutes in ahmednagar district.
6. Snehalaya is also for the enlightenment of more than 900 children in slums on the basis of balbhavan here.
7. The Snehalaya-Community-Care-center has the medical treatment and care of more than 6.000 HIV patients made available.
8. Snehalaya has successfully for more than 80 victims rescued, rehabilitated, trafficking in human beings
and offered them a vocational training.
9. The child line-Centrum-Snehalaya manages more than 250 calls per day.
Thats 7day a week and 24 hours a day. More than 400 children were in need of the child line-Team-Snehalaya saved.
10. Snehalaya has other members and snehalaya has other members and institutions of civil society
in solapur, latur, akola and pune inspired similar projects in order to begin.
11. Snehalaya has hope in the large urban slums in the brought, malnutrition, child labour, child marriages of alcohol
or drug addiction and HIV is combated. Rali sh trade from the trafficking of human beings.
|Girish Kulkarni.Founder von Snehalaya|
|Mrs. Ulrike Hilgers.
Globale Representative of Snehalaya